Wednesday 21 October 2015

Maybe it's good to be lonely.

Maybe it is good to be lonely, it means I'm up, out of bed, and missing having someone here. It's a huge improvement from either being in by bed and shutting myself away or being up but wishing I was back in my bed.

Often a lot of my day is spent doing things I feel I should do or I ought to be doing, while wishing I could just go and hide myself away in my bed. Although I know I'm supposed to be kind to myself, these things have to get done one way or another. I can't just ignore the housework stuff.

When I have to push myself to do something I try to think of something good to reward myself with afterwards. Often it's a coffee and a biscuit, I hope the caffeine will help to lift my mood too.

Caffeine, now there's a thing. I find if I have either a coffee or an energy drink that can give me a bit of get-up-and-go. I know it's kind of fake energy, and my husband always tells me there will be a 'crash' later when it wears off. So often though I need something to help me find the energy to, well, to exist really. I don't care if it makes me more tired later, at least I won't be still beating myself up about the housework that I should have done.

Do you ever use caffeine to help in this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment