Saturday 17 October 2015

Highs and lows

A day full of highs and lows today. I believe I said in my last post that I always try to find the positive, well today has tested me a little.

Nothing drastic, nowt life or death, but nevertheless several things have affected my mood today. I probably won't get these in the order that they happened, never mind.

The buyer was supposed to come and pick up my car today. It sold on an ebay auction and the winning bidder could not come for a week, so I said that was fine and he was coming this morning. I gave a window of 11am to 1pm, and he responded saying he'd be here at 11am, so that I could get on with my day. He even offered a deposit via paypal and I said that was fine, he could pay on the day. Well, that's shot me in the foot! He didn't show up, he didn't respond to my text and when I tried phoning, his phone's off. I'll give him 24hrs to get in touch and then put it back up for auction. I'll have to wait another week then :( and that's only if I get another bidder. Not happy. I even dusted in the living room :/

The postman came with discount card for a department store (not exciting, can't afford to buy at the mo), a craft magazine with a free member's gift - very exciting! And a little packet with my new phone cover - yay! Very, very exciting! My phone is an ongoing saga, it's old and if you look at it the wrong way it gives you all these little red warning logos and says the memory's full. The memory is most definitely not full, there's nothing in it hardly! Add to that, it keeps vibrating and turning off and on again at random moments. It's very weird. I think it's having a mid-life crisis, it's certainly old enough.

Then the cute husband came home early, fabulous because the World Cup game had just started... and we lost. Words fail me here. There may be tears. We're out of the Cup. Valium sandwich, anyone?

I think there was something else, but I can't remember. My memory is rubbish. If you have depression as well, is your memory affected too?

I've come back to edit this entry because I remember what the other thing was now. It was a year ago today that we lost our lovely dog. He became ill very suddenly and was very poorly for about 6 weeks. He had stopped producing red blood cells, he had 3 blood transfusions and a couple of other procedures but nothing would kick start his body to produce red cells. The vet told us he should have around 48% red cells, and his registered just 6%. We took him home and buried him in the back garden. That was no mean feat, he was a big dog.

So you can see why today was so full of highs and lows. The emotions tire me out big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment