Wednesday 11 November 2015

A whole half a mile.

Progress! I went out today, walked to the post office in the village. Wondered what the funny smell was, yep it was fresh air. The dog was beside herself with happiness to be going out. She was probably  hoping for a run, but this blog is all about little steps, so the dog's going to have to wait a bit.

I was breathless several times (and not in a good way) and had to stop for my heart rate to come down a bit. Staying in all the time has brought my fitness levels to zero. I can't promise I'll be doing this regularly, but I'll give it a go every so often.

Bit worried bout the dopey dog. She's old now, and I noticed today her fur's coming out. It's very unlikely she's shedding because it's getting cold now. Also the lump on her leg is literally the size of a golf ball now and the skin feels tight. She's a very skinny breed, so it really stands out, I'm certain it's getting bigger, though it doesn't bother her. Maybe I'm worrying without reason, dunno.

My mood is kind of better today. It probably did me a lot of good to go out. I am very irritable though. I'm trying to cut as much sugar as possible out of my diet, and I think it's the withdrawal of sugar that's made me irritable. Why? BECAUSE I SAY SO! Well, I thought it was funny anyway.

Since I've been writing this blog it has brought to my attention just how much I worry about every little thing. To a ridiculous level! Currently I am worrying about:

The dog - the vet's seen the lump and it's fine.
Will granddaughter like her bracelet - even if she doesn't like it, she will appreciate that I made it for her.
My psoriasis - well it's worry that caused it in the first place, so there's a self-fulfilling prophecy if ever I heard one! Moisturising is helping loads, so just continue with that.
Whether anyone actually reads this blog - who knows? Writing it is helping me though, so that's what really matters.

I'd like to know if you're really out there though, so drop me a comment or use the contact form. Tell me what part of the globe you are from.

No comments:

Post a Comment