Sunday 24 July 2016

Can I have some good news, please? Huh?

Well, we've had the news about the two tumours removed from lumpy-dog Sally. It's not good, both were tumours. We already knew the large one was a mast tumour, but the small one (the one the vet didn't think was a tumour at all) is a nasty one, and quite rare. It stems from the follicle, I think. The report indicates they think all the bad stuff is removed, so let's hope they're right. I suppose the good news is that Sal is oblivious to the whole situation, unaware that death could be just around the corner. She's quite happy. Apart from the fact that she has to wear the lampshade collar, which of course is all our fault and so she gives the cold shoulder frequently. Until a treat is offered. What a tart!

Tch has started the summer break and is off work until early September, in line with the Summer holidays. A break in the lovely weather, it's pouring with rain, so we're confined to the house today. I love the times when I don't have to go anywhere, it relaxes me a little. It's Sunday today too, so no delivery/business folk will knock the door. Bliss. Today I don't even feel guilty for enjoying staying at home, just the two of us.

We went to see my middle stepdaughter R yesterday, one of our grandson had a birthday yesterday. Lovely visit, we don't see them often enough.

Quick update on the smelly cat situation. We think we've stopped the kitten peeing behind the sofa... yay!... but now she sometimes pees on the bathroom carpet. Same place as the elderly cat does it. I suppose it keeps the problem contained to one area. Still stinks in there though. I intend to ask the vet tomorrow whether she's old enough to be spayed. Once that's out the way and all healed, the cat flaps can be opened, and we may need to fork out for a new carpet!

Here's the little cutie kitten:

I know, she looks so innocent. To be fair, it's the elderly Katie that's creating the problem. She's getting old now, I dread something happening to her.

My mood's been quite good lately. I haven't been out very much, my mental health worker is on hol this week and so won't be taking me to the craft club. Also, I told her I wasn't going last week. I am so happy about this, I know I shouldn't be like this, but I don't want to go out and this way I don't have to! I went to the gp surgery for a blood test, does that count as going out? I think so. It went really well too. I was only booked for diabetes check, but she agreed to do lithuim (should have had it 5 weeks ago) and vitamin D (should have had it eons ago). I thought I may be frowned upon at the very least as both were so overdue, but all was fine. Phew!

Back to the vet in the morning, again, to have Sal's wound checked. It's the surgery scar that she bit into. Slight problem for me, I need to be feeling well (depression-wise) to do this. It's because everyone, and I really mean Everyone, wants to talk when they see Sal. She had a leg amputated in March, and in addition now has two surgery scars and a cone on her head. Everyone I meet is all, 'Awww, love her, how did that happen?' I never thought she'd cope being recently on three legs and new wearing the cone, but she does really well.

This is Sally, after the amputation but before the new tumours developed:



No comments:

Post a Comment