Saturday 2 July 2016

What day is it?

I'm getting confused as to what day it is. Nope, I haven't lost even more of my marbles, the ch has had an extra day off and it's thrown me all off kilter. Usually he's not working on a Thurs and then Sat and Sun. This week he's been off on the Fri as well. In my head it was Sunday all day on Friday! Doesn't take a lot to confuse me mind.

Do you find that your memory is very poor? Either because you're depressed or because of the meds that you take? I'm not sure which one is the cause of my awful memory, but I think it's one of those two.

I think I can still remember things from years ago, I'm saying I think so because if I couldn't remember them, then how would I know? Read that bit again. I know what I mean. Anything that I need to remember nowadays I have to write down. It's very frustrating. Mind, it's not so frustrating as trying to watch tv with me. Whenever me and the ch sit down to watch an episode of something, I ask so many questions. Who's he? Where's that? How did that happen? I think my ch has the patience of a saint.

The ch is out this afternoon, to a reunion lunch. I kind of wish I had his busy life, but I know I couldn't cope with it yet.

I have a smelly house. No, really, it's horrible! Our elderly cat has taken to peeing on the bathroom carpet and it's awful. We've got some better chemical treatment now, so I'm hoping that might make it smell better. The carpet, not the cat, that is. The cat smells lovely! It's a difficult situation, we have a kitten who's not allowed outside yet, so the cat flap is locked. The elderly cat therefore can't get outside to pee during the night, and thereby she thinks she's found the ideal solution with the bathroom carpet. During the day she just comes near the cat flap and shouts at us to be let out. I'd like to say that she meows prettily, but she outright shouts, yells, even! She's also got a kidney problem which means she needs to pee more often. We're all counting the days until the little one is allowed outside and the cat flaps can flap away!

Actually, we've rather been in the wars, pet-wise this year. Our dog had to have a front leg amputated, and now an incontinent cat! Oh yeah, and the kitten thinks it's just lovely to pee behind our sofa as well.  Well at least the chemical spray smells nice!

This is elderly cat. Her name is Katie, and she's 17.







No comments:

Post a Comment