Thursday 7 July 2016

Fairly good day. Bad news about the dog.

To begin on a positive note, I'm feeling a lot better today. I'm sure that's because tch is on a day off and with me for most of the day. It's having someone to talk to that makes all the difference. Which is mad because I will almost never choose to  ring/visit anyone, choosing instead to stay at home alone. I get so worked up and anxious when I go out, so it always seems easier to not do it.

Today though I've been to the hairdressers. I always have a wet cut, purely because it's the cheapest option. To have a cut and blow dry costs more. So usually when I come out of the hairdressers I look a little weird, having the hair cut, but not styled. Then I'll go straight home, feeling self conscious. Today when I arrived home, having driven myself I might add, yay! go me! tch was going out straight away to collect eldest stepdaughter, and I decided to go with him, to get out a bit more and to see her. After that we had a look in a little craft fair in the village and then poked around in a second hand shop, where tch bought a chair. I am tired now, but am really really glad that I managed to do so much today.

Ok, now the negative. The vet phoned with the histology results for the dog. She has a mast cell tumour. It's not sitting on the surface just covered with skin/fur, it's more inside her intestines. To be honest, it's not looking good. She had a cancerous lump removed in March, she had to have her leg amputated in order to take it all away. She's booked in for surgery to have this one removed a week today. Then they'll send it off for testing, so it will probably be about two weeks before we know what we're dealing with. Not good.

I've done nothing about the whole cat-pee saga today. It's just the same and I'll tackle it another day.

So apart from the shitty news from the vet, it's been a very successful day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment