Saturday 29 December 2018

Christmas, Christmas and Christmas again

Christmas, Christmas and Christmas again. Sounds fun when I say we had Christmas on 25th, 26th and 28th of December this year.

25th, home, just the two of us.
26th, down to see my family, bout 150 miles away.
28th, all tch's family came to us, 17 of us this year.

Now I simple can't tell you how tired I am. As a depressive I don't do much and don't leave the house much either. I'm still coping with the whole puppy poo thing. Don't misunderstand me, it was lovely to see everyone. There's just so much to do. It looks so easy, we put the food out buffet style and everyone helps themselves. I've hurt my back, that probably accounts for me finding it all so hard.

Lovely Christmas tho. Totally different in both places. At my family's everything is done properly. Small children have become used to this and know they are expected to be fairly quiet and very well behaved. You will use a serviette, know your place and wait obligingly while someone else gives your presents out. In our house, everyone sits wherever they want to. In fact there's not enough seats when they all pile into one room, so it's every man for himself then. We do a game every year where each person opens a drawer of our coffee table to find a little gift inside. Our living room is not big enough for 17 people and definitely not big enough for the 21 that we usually are. It's very squashed up, but great fun. This year the gift was egg cups, seemed to go down alright.  Once they've all taken food from the buffet, find a seat wherever you can. For some reason everyone stayed in the kitchen/diner. Bit cramped but I liked it, I had a chance to speak to everyone.

Now that it's all over, I am so, so glad to be able to relax. Tch has gone out for about 2 hours and I've had a bit of a tidy up. Puppies are still doing the 'run around outside but come back in to pee' thing. Bless. Arrrgh!

I think I've coped with Christmas, my family, tch's family, chatting, listening and responding very well this year. I'm calm and didn't allow anything to upset me.

Well, I've rambled on a lot in this posting. I'm sorry it's not been about much, and with no real point discussed. Maybe that's the way my head is at the moment. I shall make it more interesting, honest.

I wish you all a healthy and happy New Year. If we can achieve those things, then everything else will follow 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment